zondag 21 maart 2010

Keeping the middle line in the middle :-)

What did I say in my last entry: the rest is a piece of cake???
I was wrong there, as this part has other "obstacles" to get passed.
Never mind, I still enjoy a challenge.

This is how far I am now.


Not bad for a mornings work, well ... 2,5 hours actually.

The problem is keeping the middle right in the middle :-)  which must sound very clear, but sometimes is difficult to achieve.

I thought the lead around the leaf should have an upward line. It turned out good.
Changing the design as I go along is maybe not the way I should work but I did not think of a few things when I choose this design.
Working my way up I find it is so important the way the lead strips are used. You can change the whole look of a panel by making the wrong choice.

For example: (in the photo below ) I intended to make the V shape like it is layed out on the left side: one strip. But making the leaf on the right and letting the leadstrip go all the way up, makes it more fluent I think and I like this better.
There has to be a horizontal line at the top of this section as this will be a leadstrip with a steel core to make the window stable. There will be two lead-steel strips in this window.




This is a view of the whole project.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten